Perfect for customising home décor items such as cushions and pillows, as well as almost any clothing garment, DMC's Soluble Canvas is a revolution. The 14ct Soluble Canvas is used in exactly the same way as Aida when stitching, all you need to do is choose your design, tack the canvas to your chosen material and cross stitch as usual……simply place the finished design in a bowl of warm water and the canvas disappears leaving you with a customised unique piece of clothing or home décor item!
• Tack the piece of soluble canvas to the chosen material that
you wish to stitch your design.
• Ensure you allow at least 2cm for the tacking of the canvas so that
your design will fit the canvas!
• DMC recommend a 26 needle as anything larger pushes the holes in the canvas open and makes the design appear loose.
• After several tests we have found that 2 strands work well with the canvas and 1 strand for backstitch.
• Fractional stitches are trickier than usual as it means piercing the canvas, but it is achievable, alternatively you can add the fractional stitches after you have dissolved the canvas.
• There is no need to cut away excess canvas once the design is finished, the canvas will dissolve in the hot soapy water.
• For best results place the finished stitching and material into a bowl of hot soapy water – you can stir if you wish. The canvas will disappear within 10 minutes!
• DMC recommend that you machine wash the material, garment etc… after soaking and before wearing, making sure you appreciate the washing instructions.
• *Please note that DMC threads are guaranteed colourfast at certain temperatures depending on the type of thread, please machine wash using non bio.
The price is for a pre-cut of about 20cm. x 22cm. EAN: 077540181599
What is the Digital Delivery?
The Digital Delivery offers the possibility to avoid the shipping of the paper charts and thus it allows you to have in a very short time directly from our website a printable version of a chart (cross stitching and other techniques). Several designers have decided to make some of their works available also in pdf format in order to reduce the problems due to the availability, all at a lower price in comparison with the paper version.
What do I get when I buy through Digital Delivery?
You can download a PDF file (which can be thus printed with any kind of printer connected to your computer) customized and protected by a password. The PDF will be generally made of a cover (with the colored embroidery pattern) and of the pages of the chart (colored or in black and white), the list of threads and accessories and the instructions.
How can I take the chart I've bought?
Once the payment processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with all the instructions to take your customized copy. Once received this e-mail and once that you have downloaded the PDF, you can "open" it (by using the Adobe viewer - if you don't have it on your computer you can download it here for free) - you will be asked the password you have chosen at the moment of the download - and you just have to print it.
What can I do with my customized copy?
The PDF you will download is protected by copyright and it can be used ONLY for PERSONAL purposes. You cannot print, copy or transfer it (on paper or electronically) for anybody else.
All patterns in Digital Delivery are protected by copyright, so their inappropriate use is regulated by international laws on copyright.
By the way you can make as many copy as you want for personal purposes (this can be useful for example if you want to use only one sheet each time you embroider) and obviously you can save it on your computer or on your backup supports.
Finally, as for the paper charts, you can make all the embroideries you want by using the same chart.
Here is what you are NOT allowed to do:
Making copies of the chart (electronically or on paper) and dispatch it to others for free or against payment.
Sending PDF copies by e-mail
Inserting copies of the file on a website.
Creating kits containing some PDF prints and accessories for their realization.
For the purchase of the Digital Deliver patterns NO shipping costs are applied (only the download is allowed and we are not authorized to print and send copies)
The patterns in Digital Delivery do not count on the offer "Conta le Case" and they do not benefit of any present or future promotion.
If included in the same order of materials or products which have to be sent normally, it must be considered that the total of the Digital Delivery products is not counted for the minimum total of the order for the free shipping costs. Moreover, once received the order, we will automatically divide the "normal" products from the "Digital Download" ones so that you will be able to rapidly proceed with the download of the chart, without waiting for the normal shipping process.
For the orders containing Digital Delivery products cash on delivery is not allowed.