Perfect for customising home décor items such as cushions and pillows, as well as almost any clothing garment, DMC's Soluble Canvas is a revolution. The 14ct Soluble Canvas is used in exactly the same way as Aida when stitching, all you need to do is choose your design, tack the canvas to your chosen material and cross stitch as usual……simply place the finished design in a bowl of warm water and the canvas disappears leaving you with a customised unique piece of clothing or home décor item!
• Tack the piece of soluble canvas to the chosen material that
you wish to stitch your design.
• Ensure you allow at least 2cm for the tacking of the canvas so that
your design will fit the canvas!
• DMC recommend a 26 needle as anything larger pushes the holes in the canvas open and makes the design appear loose.
• After several tests we have found that 2 strands work well with the canvas and 1 strand for backstitch.
• Fractional stitches are trickier than usual as it means piercing the canvas, but it is achievable, alternatively you can add the fractional stitches after you have dissolved the canvas.
• There is no need to cut away excess canvas once the design is finished, the canvas will dissolve in the hot soapy water.
• For best results place the finished stitching and material into a bowl of hot soapy water – you can stir if you wish. The canvas will disappear within 10 minutes!
• DMC recommend that you machine wash the material, garment etc… after soaking and before wearing, making sure you appreciate the washing instructions.
• *Please note that DMC threads are guaranteed colourfast at certain temperatures depending on the type of thread, please machine wash using non bio.
The price is for a pre-cut of about 20cm. x 22cm. EAN: 077540181599