• Tack the piece of soluble canvas to the chosen material that you wish to stitch your design.
• Ensure you allow at least 2cm for the tacking of the canvas so that your design will fit the canvas!
• DMC recommend a 26 needle as anything larger pushes the holes in the canvas open and makes the design appear loose.
• After several tests we have found that 2 strands work well with the canvas and 1 strand for backstitch.
• Fractional stitches are trickier than usual as it means piercing the canvas, but it is achievable, alternatively you can add the fractional stitches after you have dissolved the canvas.
• There is no need to cut away excess canvas once the design is finished, the canvas will dissolve in the hot soapy water.
• For best results place the finished stitching and material into a bowl of hot soapy water – you can stir if you wish. The canvas will disappear within 10 minutes!
• DMC recommend that you machine wash the material, garment etc… after soaking and before wearing, making sure you appreciate the washing instructions.
• *Please note that DMC threads are guaranteed colourfast at certain temperatures depending on the type of thread, please machine wash using non bio.
The price is for a pre-cut of about 20cm. x 22cm.
Valdani Hand-Overdyed 3 Strand - Terracotta Twist
Valdani Hand-Overdyed 3 Strand - O86 Ripened Plum
Valdani Hand-Overdyed 3 Strand - O775 Proud Turkey
VLIESOFIX - Bondaweb H90
Vilene S 320
Aida 14 ct. Ivory
13016 Round Bead Emerald AB
13003 Margarita Emerald AB
Top > Fabrics & Bands > DMC© > AIDA » Soluble Canvas 14ct. From: DMC