This book introduces you to the tradition that is crewel embroidery and its transformation into an art form that is still popular today. The book is a perfect introduction for beginners and a 'must have' for more experienced embroiderers.
The A-Z of Crewel Embroidery is designed to encourage you to try new techniques, explore new horizions, and above all, to experiment. This comprehensive guide to crewel embroidery contains all the embroiderer needs to know to work dozens of stitches, and includes full advice on everything from choosing the wools, fabrics to the equipment required and a multitude of tips to help get you started.
• Comprehensive guide to crewel embroidery
• Revamped design of a book that has sold well over many years
• Over 500 step by step photographs
• 45 stitches and techniques
• Full size patterns included
Author: Country Bumpkin